Wednesday 7 September 2016

Saturday 3rd September - Manor farm island pool

Drew peg 6 on island pool.
A flyer!
Only drawn this once before and was lucky enough to win the match off it last time.
I decided to focus on 2 lines.
Pellet feeder to the island on my new 3 piece next adventure 45.
Shallow on the pole. 14.5m of my Colmic F44 with 0.152 spider mainline to an 0.13 spider hook length.
I began catching a few carp steady on the deck at 14.5m but they soon went and I mainly caught F1s shallow on pellets. 
At around 1:30 the wind was getting increasingly stronger and it made presentation really hard on the pole.
So I was forced to fish the feeder for the rest of the match. Had a good run of fish but then lost 4 decent fish on the bounce!

I managed to weigh 151-0-0 which was only good enough for 3rd. The lakes fished exceptionally well!
2nd was 156lb
And well done to Steve Partington for winning it with a massive 244lb!

No comments:

Post a Comment