Friday 15 April 2016

Sunday 10th April

Round 3 of the alders farm spring league with team colmic.
At the team draw I opted to go in section C.
The hardest section whereby lower weights are required.
Peg 11 was to be my home for the day.  I had a nice long margin to my left where I fancied I may of caught.
Started off long at 13m fishing pellets.
Looking round it was clear all the fish wanted to be in the shallow water. (Other end of the lake)
So with this in mind. I decided to look down the edge with this being the shallowest part of my peg and began getting a few bites.
I fed micro pellets and fished either a 4mm expander or double maggot on the hook.
At 2 o'clock it was clear the whole lake switched off and no one  was catching. I thought around 8/9 fish was winning my section and I had 10. So hoped for a good last hour down the edge.
Between 2:00 till 3:00 was by far the best hour of my match. They seemed to rock up and I caught 9 in the last hour.
Leaving me with 19 carp for 44lb and a section win giving me maximum points.
As a team we ended up 4th on the day of which was a difficult draw and this leaves us 3rd overall (I think) so a good draw is needed next round!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment