Tuesday 20 October 2015

Awesome weekend this weekend!!!

Saturday 17th October saw me at manor farm on the open. 14 anglers turned up so both lakes were in, Middle pool and Windmill pool. I really fancied drawing on windmill pool and thankfully I did! Peg 22 stuck to my hand.

This is down the far end of the lake in the deep water and I had a bit of room. Kept my approach very simple and only kitted up a few rigs.

Started at 13m on the deck where I caught really steadily all match and spent pretty much all day on. I did come short when my long line died but only had a great big F1 on it! At the all out I didnt really feel like Id done enough to win my lake as heard Chris Telling next peg had been catching.

I weighed in 79-0-0 which was first on my lake and put me 3rd overall with 84-0-0 coming off Middle pool. Really enjoyed the day and was looking forward to the next day.

Sunday 18th October saw me fishing a team of 4 match at Cob House fishery in Worcester. I was pegged on Laugherne Island Peg 10.  The lake has a series of 3 islands and I drew right in the middle of the middle island. Again I kept my approach very simple and just fished pellets on the pole.

For the first part of the match I struggled for only a few fish but eventually got my head down and caught a few fish long.
I finished the day with 74-0-0 which was 2nd on my lake. With only 78-0-0 winning I was annoyed as I lost around 5 carp.

I had heard that my other team members had done well and Jordan Holloway won his lake on wyatts with 115-0-0 amd Owen Robinson won his lake with 62-0-0 and Andy had struggled on his lake for around 6th. So with 2 firsts places and a second we won!!! Really happy with that as we came 4th last year but was nice to come back and win it!

All in all a very nice weekend which I thoroughly enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment