Thursday 24 March 2016

Sunday 20th March,


First round of the spring league at alders farm for team colmic! 
Didn't really know where you wanted to draw so we placed our 3 anglers on our pegs and began setting up. 
On arrival to my peg I didn't realise how tight the pegging was going to be but it was tight! 
Began my match on a little pellet feeder so I could watch others and see what they did as I didn't want to go and do things wrong and wreck my peg. 
No bites on this forced me to have a look on one of my pole lines. Fishing and feeding pellets. Gave this line 20 minutes and without a bite I had a look on my other line, where I opted to feed micros and maggots. And around 10 minutes or so later I had a small carp around 2lb in the net. No one around me had caught yet so I felt I was doing ok. 
Re-fed this line and had a look on my other pole line, after waiting around 15 minutes for another bite I thought I might be able to catch a fish off each line and keep rotating as it was very clear the lake was fishing rock hard! 
Not a lot to report for the rest of the match! 
Managed to Nick 3 fish off my maggot line and 1 off my pellet line giving me 4 carp. Weighing 7-4-0. Beating around 4 in my section. With only 20lb winning my section! 
Really difficult day. On the team from we are currently 5th after the 1st round. 
Roll on the next round!!! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment