Tuesday 22 November 2016

Saturday 19th November

Round 2 of the manor farm winter league.
After struggling in the first round only beating one angler my chances of a frame place were very slim.
With it being really cold the week leading up to the match and a frost in the morning I knew it would be a difficult match.
Peg 33 Boundary pool was to be my home for the day.
I have a love hate relationship with boundary... ive had some really good days on there and some not so good.
I would rather of drawn peg 17 of 38.
I decided to fish pellets on the pole at 14.5m. Hard and soft pellets.
Both on 0.152 spider mainline and an 0.10 stream hooklength.
Coupled with the 1.5mm colmic white elastic.
A very painful first hour passed and I hadnt had a bite.
Decided to try and catch some skimmers on the pole but after catching 3 of a decent stamp they soon faded.
With 3 1/2 hours in I was going no where. Had an f1 and a few skimmers but nothing major.
So decieded to play it safe and catch what I could in the last hour. This was by far my best hour.
I caught skimmers steadily till the end. Some were a decent stamp but youd catch 2 or 3 then theyd back off.
I weighed in 15-4-0 which was basically all skimmers.
That beat one on the lake. I needed another 6 oz to beat another.



No comments:

Post a Comment